Thursday, June 16, 2011

Institute and Biking

During the summer months, Institute holds one class and it covers the May Ensign which contains all the April General Conference talks. We've had 3 classes so far and I've been able to attend 2 of them. I am so grateful for Institute and the great teachers that are there. I really learn a lot and can feel the spirit so strongly.

I've been able to read the General Conference talks before class and make my own markings based on what sticks out to me at the time. I'm so grateful for prophets today and for the modern revelations that they receive for us and that we can receive personally for ourselves. God and His Son, Jesus Christ, have not abandoned us, but have set out a plan for us to return to live eternally in their presence. That is an incredible knowledge; that there is someone who loves me and everyone who has ever lived and will ever live so much that He wants us to grow and learn and then return to Him. He has established the way in which we can do so if we have the faith to believe in and to follow Him. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have the Holy Spirit with me at all times. The peace and comfort which comes from that presence in my life is extraordinary. I strive to follow Christ and His prophets' teachings, and I know that I can ask in prayer for guidance to do those things. I am so thankful for the Church being a part of my life and being a support system for me when I am separated by distance from my family. <3

My goal for the summer exercise wise is to bike or walk to Institute each week. It's roughly a 2 mile stretch, but I don't know how accurate that amount is since I cut through campus to get there from my apartment. When I bike I can get there in about 15 minutes, so it's a good bit of a ride :) I'm also continuing my nightly routine of ab exercises and push ups :) As well as almost being done with the Book of Mormon for the first time all the way through (I'm in Ether :D I know this has nothing to do with exercise but it is part of my nightly routine and I'm pretty excited about it)

Anyways, life is grand and I'm enjoying a break from school before I take classes in July. I'm working, volunteering with Family Promise (which I've been doing for about a year and a half off and on; I just sit in their Day Center and answer the phone if it rings), reading a bunch of books, and having a great time!

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

thank you so much for sharing this
loved reading it! love your goals