Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cookies & Cream Mini-Cheesecakes

So I taught Relief Society for the first time, and to prove my full membership as a Relief Society Sister I made treats haha:) I found this recipe for oreo cheesecakes on some random blog while Stumbling: it looked delicious and I figured this Sunday would be the perfect time to try it out!



Here's the recipe I used: http://gracessweetlife.com/2010/07/oreo-cookies-and-cream-cheesecakes/

I made it a few days in advance because my work schedule made the weekend a bit busy and plus I didn't want them to be last minute in case they were inedible. I doubled the recipe, but instead of doing one huge batch, I just did the recommended recipe twice. The first time made 32 cheesecakes and the second made 36, a few more than what the recipe said it would. I've found that most recipes underestimate how much it will provide. In any case, I had plenty and more for Relief Society on Sunday! I actually had enough that a lot of the guys got to eat some as well. Huge Success! :)

I used those foil muffin liners that you can use on a cookie sheet without an actual muffin tin for 20 of the cheesecakes; the things work but those cheesecakes are slightly misshaped. But the shape doesn't affect the taste so I'm fine with it! The oreos on the bottom softened from the baking and sitting in the refrigerator and made the cheesecake so much better! One friend took some of the extra oreos and put an oreo on top of the cheesecake for a sandwich effect that she really enjoyed.

This experience went well and I'll probably use the recipe again in the future. But I will note that it has made me want to buy an apron and a mixer! I have a hand mixer and it worked perfectly well, but now my right arm is slightly more tired than my left haha:)

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

how'd your lesson go? bet it went great
it's so funny that you posted this recipe because I *just* had it @ a baby shower last week! they're delish & it was a new-to-me recipe