Monday, April 25, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Tonight Sara, Michelle, and I made dinner for the missionaries we have in our area. We had enchiladas, rice, beans, guacamole, chips, and cake balls :)

This is from the website, we didn't take any pictures of our actual meal :(
The recipe we used for the enchiladas is from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/creamy-chicken-enchiladas.html  and were delicious! We used Monterey Jack/Colby cheese mix (because that's all we could find) and it was still good. Basically it just made ours more yellow than their picture. We doubled the recipe as well and had plenty to go around and even a few left over. It says it makes 8, but when we doubled it we got more than 16. Plus we made skinnier enchiladas than what their website shows. But they were amazing! :)

We made just normal brown rice, but added salsa (w/ lime and cilantros) to it for flavor. And we just heated up some refried beans. For the guacamole Sara blended together avocados, rotel, lime juice, and some onion power and it turned out really good as well!

And then I made my classic cake balls; a combo of dipped and drizzled :) I used a Devil's Food Cake mix, milk chocolate frosting, and chocolate almond bark (I've been using Kroger's brand and it works just as well as actual almond bark). They were a hit!

A delicious meal and a fun night! With a LOT of clean up afterwards haha. A marvelous success, I would definitely make them again.

2 comments:

Aurelia said...

Sounds delish! Tres domestic! Love K&A's website.

Jenna said...

Yeah my friend introduced it to me. She actually wanted to try their bacon and avocado quesadillas but it looked harder to double for a big group. But I've definitely bookmarked their website!